Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 6, 2015



Ok. sooooooo this week.

Monday we played soccer. With the elders from R3 and M. L. came and played too. It was super fun. That night we had a family home evening at the R. home. It was fun. We shared the Easter video #BecauseHelives. Then we had some carne asada, and tacos and it was super good.

Tuesday I was feeling pretty bad. I think I got a cold. I was just sneezing, and coughing, and my nose was running, and I was all stuffed up. Ugh. District meeting was hard to sit through but then basically everything that day fell through. Just a rough day. We started exchanges that night and Elder Curtis came with me.

Exchanges were good. We had some good lessons. The best lesson was the one we had with L. So the lesson went really good. We talked about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. She had a lot of questions but we were able to answer them.

So Thursday we had a great lesson with R, J., and K. We talked about the Restoration. These kids are awesome. They basically taught the lesson to us. M. came and he was in shock. He said during the lesson, "so when are these kids getting baptized. R. is on date for the 9th of May and his brothers we are waiting until we get permission from their dad. But yeah super good lesson.

Friday. Not much happened. We had a really good dinner with the Rivera Family. I had 3 plates! Full of chicken, rice, and a little salad. It was super good.

Saturday was Conference. Super good!!! The talks I felt were exactly what I needed to hear. I'm super glad I was prepared to receive revelation and that I had taken the time to prepare by reading the Book of Mormon and finishing it before conference. That's a challenge I have for you. Read the Book of Mormon. 5 pages every day, starting today, and in English you'll finish the day I get home lol. It'll be fun. I'm going to do it in Spanish so I have to read 6 pages. Who wants to join me?? :) In between the morning and afternoon sessions we went to Asia Buffet with M. and had lunch. It was super fun, to get to talk to him because he was where we are just a month ago. Second session started. There are sooooo many missionaries, and temples, and stakes, and wards, and members! It’s awesome!!!!
Conference notes
 
Sunday. We watched the first session in Spanish and then during the break the ward, well those who came to the chapel, brought food and we had a big picnic lunch. I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures >.< But it was super good. After that they set up a room with English and we went and watched the second session there. Up until the people that spoke native Spanish then we rushed back to the chapel to listen to it. It's hard to listen to the translations because I understand both the languages haha.

That was the week. Hope you all had a good one too!
Remember to Read and Pray every day. Go to church every Sunday! The prophets have taught us, now we have to do it. It’s really not that hard. 5 pages a day is a good place to start. I know this church is true. I know we have a living Prophet who was called by God and that all they teach us is to help us grow and become closer to our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.

Have a great week peeps!
-Elder Zachary Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment