Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 20, 2015



Alrighty. So last week. Whoooa. Crazy!!!

So on Monday we had dinner with the Garcia family. It was really good. We had Quesadillas with ham. Afterwards we had a good lesson and we talked about forgiveness. It was a really good lesson. Then we had a NDH at the Toriz's home and talked about the importance of reading and praying, and going to church in connection to preparing to enter the temple. It was pretty good day.

Tuesday we had my Last District Meeting. It was fun. I played the opening hymn, Nearer, My God, To Thee. And we sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again. It was a good meeting. They had me bear my testimony at the end as well. After that we had a good lesson with Hno. Tapia about the priesthood. And we talked to Hno. Rochin, who we had dinner with, about the blessings of keeping the commandments. Then we had an English class and then we had tacos. They re-opened the store! I was soooo excited!! They were super good!


Wednesday. I got picked up and we went to the temple. It was really cool. All the missionaries going home were there and President and Sister Van Cott. After that we went to the mission office and had lunch and then we had a little meeting with Pres. and his wife and they gave us some advice and we just talked about their lives and stuff. It was really cool. I got some good notes I'll tell you about them later haha.


Thursday. We weekly planned. Ok.... so I feel really bad about this but Elder Juarez planned and I packed. Yeeeeaaahhhh..... That night we had dinner with the Moyas and they taught us back the Word of Wisdom. Then we taught the Plan of Salvation to the Garcias and it went super good. They are super ready and trying super hard to prepare. 

Friday. We had a cool lesson with Hno. Reza. And we had him teach us the Restoration. It was super cool because we were talking about why it’s so important that the members know how to talk about the gospel. Because they are the main source of finding, or at least they should be, so they need to know what we believe so that they can explain it. But more than just knowing they need to practice and as missionaries we teach but we need the members to help us find. It was a really powerful conversation and it made me think about how the mission has prepared me to be a member missionary when I get home and how I know how to talk about the gospel and I'll be able to help my friends and family members learn more. We had some really good Tacos at the Villagranas house and then we headed home.

Saturday. it rained...That was like the last thing I had wanted to happen on my last full proselyting day. But you know we went out and nobody opened the door or was home. So we decided to go to the Toriz's house and see hno. Tapia. When we got there hno Toriz told us to get in the truck and we took our bikes back to the apartment and then we went all over the place and ended up at the Larios's home and then the party started. It was really fun. There was tons of food and we just had a good time. It was a lot of fun. It was to celebrate Elder Juarez’s birthday and me going home.


Sunday. I had to give a talk, I spoke about missionary work and the importance of the members. How we don't knock doors anymore because statistically speaking it takes 1000 doors knocked to have 1 baptism compared to having 1 baptism for every 3 member referrals. so 1000:1 or 3:1. It’s easy to see which is better. But then it rained again after church and just with everything going on we didn't leave the apartment until I got picked up for my Farewell. 


The Farewell was cool. For some reason it was harder to share my 2 minute experience at the devotional then it was to give a 15 minute talk in sacrament meeting. It was awesome to see everyone that came. But I saw Max Martin and Andrew Barrus, 2 of my former companions. Seeing Johana, Gabriel, Ismael, ad Joseph was awesome too! I was super glad to see Brayan and Giovanni and hear that they have been going to church!!! Also Shout Out to Ernie for reading my letters!! Thanks for the jacket!! Love it! and well after that we went home.











That was the week everybody. I have to get going. But I’ll see yall pretty soon!! Hope you've been reading! I'm so grateful for this chance I've had to serve 2 years here in California. I have met so many awesome people and had such amazing experiences. I wouldn't have given this time up for anything. I know this church is true and I know that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and that Jesus is our Savior. If we rely on them and follow them then we have no reason to fear. I love you all. 

See ya on the flip side!!

Elder Zachary Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment